Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heidenhain TNC progamming question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fereuet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Heidenhain TNC progamming question Reply with quote

I got my Bridgeport S1 MK1 up and working finally, think I have all the parameters correct in the TNC 151B control. However the control will not complete a Tool Call block. It sits there indefinitely with the "*" symbol like it is waiting for something to happen.

I have defined the tool, there is no tool store memory (parameter 226), I have tried preceding the Tool Call with a Stop M25 (as the Brideport programming examples suggest), or an M05 or M06 or Stop, still no luck. Tried pushing all the buttons, no luck. Tried Tool Call 0 same problem.

Anybody know what it is waiting for? There ain't no automatic changer on this machine. The history of the machine and control are sorted however, is it possible it came from a machine with spindle control or a tool changer and it is waiting for something to happen? Everything else seem to work as expected so far. The only inputs to the control that seem relevant is the M-verify input, it seems to be working correctly.
fereuet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out to be parameter 61.

The docs say this just outputs the tool number called for, but Bridgeport must have done something else with it because it stops the machine (unless the parameter is turned off). The guys at Heidenhain helped me straighten that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: