Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haas and no serial ports but does have a USB port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muytreda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Haas and no serial ports but does have a USB port Reply with quote

I just got in a new Haas and it does not have an RS-232 port on it, but it does have a USB port.

What can you tell me about both?

Thanks.
Doctorsacb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the new Haas machines except the tool room products now have a 15” monitor that comes standard on the machine. When they switched to this monitor, the Processor PCB was upgraded and machines without the Ethernet/Hard Drive option no longer have a Video PCB. All machines with the new 15” monitor, come standard equipped with the USB Drive. Since the machines without the ENET/HD option have no Video PCB, the USB Drive runs through the Processor PCB which does not support a Floppy Drive and is why the USB took its place. To my knowledge however, unless something has just recently changed, all machines still come standard with the RS232 port. There should be (2) 25 pin serial ports located on the left side of the electrical cabinet as has always been. The top port is the RS232 port, which on the 15” monitor machines, is ran through the Processor PCB.

Hope this helps.
muytreda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what does the USB port do Question
mistux
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB is used to transfer data but I am not sure whether or not you can drip feed a program from it-I would have to do some checking.

PS. I was able to confirm this with Haas: You use a memory stick/thumb drive to transfer programs to and from the machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: