Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 6M memory question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Fanuc 6M memory question Reply with quote

I have an Acroloc VMC with a Fanuc 6M control, only problem is that I dont know what its part memory is. If there is anyone out there that knows how much memory this controller has, I would greatly appreciate the info. I am sure that there were plenty of different models of the Fanuc 6 control made, so I am sure I will have to post more info about the exact controller I have. But in the mean time, if anyone out there knows what there Fanuc 6M has for memory, please forward that info to me. Thank you.
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Edit Mode, press PRGRM, then CAN, then ORIGIN. This performs a "memory arrangement" and displays all stored program numbers. At the lower left is the amount of free memory in characters.
JoeM
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's looking for total memory, not free space available. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that, either, but you should be able to contact your machine dealer to ask. If its an old machine, maybe they can look up the old specifications of the control to tell you how much memory is available on the harddrive.

Or, you can just change the drive for a larger one without having to replace the control.

If you're having problems running a large program, you can also attempt to "spoon feed" or drip feed a NC program to the control with a DNC software, so you can send the machine sections of the program at a time as it cuts.
dawn
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John_B has it right, delete all programs and run memory arrangment this well show you the number of bubbles left. This control uses bubble memory and "does not have a hard drive" you can also look at the board and use chart below.

A87L-0001-015 = 16k
A87L-0001-016 = 32k
A87L-0001-017 = 64k
A87L-0001-018 = 128k
A87L-0001-084 = 128k
A87L-0001-085 = 256k
A87L-0001-086 = 512k

p.s. not all 6 controls can be drip feed, most can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: