Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G12/G13 Circular pocket help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: G12/G13 Circular pocket help needed Reply with quote

I want to use the G12/13 circular pocketing in Mach2, but I can't find any good documentation on the arguments. Can anyone give me a hand?
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familar with the Mach2 mill. The Haas mill uses G12/G13 for c'bores The syntax being G13 I(radius value) F(feed rate) [L (number times)]

G13 is counter clock wise - climb cut
G12 is clock wise - conventional cut

If the codes have a syntax for circular pockets. There should be a variable/G word for step over or for tool radius.

The Fadal control uses an L subprogram instead of G12/G13. And variables R0 and R1 for c'bores L9400 ccw and L9500 for cw. R0+(feed rate value) R1+(diameter) The L9800 ccw would be the pocket routine were R0+(feed rate) R1+(tool radius) R2+(diameter)

Write a sample program using G13 I.5 F2. D(tool dia offset being used) and see if that does a 1.00 id c'bore. If that doesn't work try a J or an R or an X until you find the correct G word for the radius. If the word is for a dia it will of course cut 2x as big.

If the G13 I F D format works just using it as a c'bore command you can use it to do pockets too.

G1 Z-.125 F2.
G13 I.25 F2. D01 (first cut)
G13 I.375 F2.5 (first step)
G13 I.5 F5. (last step)
G13 I.5 F23. L2 (finish spring passes)
G0 Z0.1

I'm not saying that it must be done just that way. Just an expample of how it could be done. (The feed and speeds, of course, need to be calculated for the materal, tool size, and finish.)

I hope this was useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: