Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 10m dripfeed (DNC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyB
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 10m dripfeed (DNC) Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I have a problem setting this control up for dripfeed (DNC). This control has no tape mode on mode selection switch, have any of you come across this problem and solved it.I really need help this has been going on for over 1 year.

Thanks for your time guys.
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10M was available from the factory with 3 different kinds of interfaces. This was supposed to make it easy for machine tool builders who were using the Fanuc 6 and the Fanuc 3 to convert their PLC software to the Fanuc 10.

The interface options were "Fanuc 3 compatible interface", "Fanuc 6 compatible interface" and "BMI interface". The machine builders who chose the Fanuc 3 interface made it impossible to drip-feed, because the Fanuc 3 never had a TAPE mode. The Fanuc 6 and the BMI interfaces could have a TAPE mode if the machine tool builder wanted to put one in the PLC.

What you need is a retrofitter who can do a simple modification to your machines PLC software and burn you a new set of EPROMs. If your machine has the Fanuc 6 or BMI interface, it's not such a bad job. There is some proprietary Fanuc equipment required, so it's not a job for a do-it-yourselfer unless you have lots of $$ to spend.
mroy0404

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 10m Reply with quote

Hi billy

Have you fixed this problem as I have the same(no tape mode on the 10m) it is a BMI interface control.
With no programs, it has 410 pages of memory and 50 files. Could you tell me how much memory yours has in pages and meters. Be sure to Email me back as I have the full option parameters list.

mroy7@cogeco.ca
mistux
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these sources:

bithard@yahoo.com

www.memex.ca

The were seperate posting from this site with reference to Fanuc 10.

Please let us know if you ever find a solution so that others may bennifit.
BillyB
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but we ended up selling the machine and I never did pusue some of the options that were suggested here.

If you do get yorus to work, let me know, in case we ever get another one.
mroy0404

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 10m Reply with quote

I have come to find out that 410 pages of memory is the max. for this control(fanuc 10m modal A)I started out with 195 pages of mem. if any of you guys want to increase the mem. on their control email me at mroy7@cogeco.ca I can help.
I will also have the tape mode enabled vary soon and will give an update for that.

Mike Roy

1 page = 78 characters

78 x 410 = 31980 characters

31980 = almost 32K
BillyB
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, this is how we all benafit! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: