Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cash Flow Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> QuickBooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistux
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Cash Flow Report Reply with quote

Question
I am using QuickBooks 2005 Enterprise Solutions for Contractors. I would like to use the Cash Flow Projection to project cash flow over the next 3-6 months. Is that possible? It appears limited to a 6 week projection which feels extremely limiting.

Answer
I'm with you. It is a very limited tool- there is no provision for changing the dates. I also think it should have an option that keys off of Accounts receivable and Accounts payable. But it does not.

There is a report that does allow for date entry and might prove a helpful beginning, once exported to Excel.
Reports > Company Financial > Cash flow forecaste.

I thought that it might not be difficult to locate a 3rd party add in that works with QuickBooks. So I did a search in Google on key word terms "cash flow" Cash projection, and so on.

There are tools out there that help to develope a cash flow projection in Excel , but none that I can see that will utilize data to start with from QuickBooks.

While not the best solution, buying a template that works in excel might cut down the time needed to develop and maintain.

You might go to http://developer.intuit.com/ and ask if anyone there knows of a solution that has been developed or is under development
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> QuickBooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: