Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outlook: Color code messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Microsoft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawn
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Outlook: Color code messages Reply with quote

"I had a question about message rules in Outlook. In Outlook Express, I can create a message rule that highlights in color messages based on a criteria. I could not find this capability in the message rule tool of Outlook. Can Outlook do it?"

Outlook supports automatic formatting, but does it using Views, not Rules. The easiest way to begin using it is to open the Organize pane and choose Using colors. (Tools, Organize)

The formatting options available are limited unless you click Automatic formatting... in the upper right corner. This allows you to set more advanced automatic formatting rules, including selecting fonts and font attributes. All color rules created using this method apply to the currently selected view.

As I mentioned, these 'rules' are associated with views. If you change views or move items to new folders, you'll lose the formatting and it returns when you reselect the view.

Because its view based, you can set formatting rules on any view using the Define Views dialog (browse the Views, Arrange By or Current view menu to locate it.) Use the Define views dialog to delete any automatic formatting rules you've created, either by resetting the view or deleting them from the Modify, Automatic Formatting dialog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Microsoft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: