Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CINCINNATI 900TC control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: CINCINNATI 900TC control Reply with quote

was woundering if anybody has experience with this control? I have ran just about everything except this control. The programming manual has you pre-setting all the tools an then creating the program by adding and subtracting tool lengths, like there is no coordinate setting feature. I seen where it uses G92's, but it only shows it applying to the Z axis. Can you use G92 like G50?

Thanks in advance.
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ran "Victor" lathe for a while with Fanuc 10T control and noticed that G92 was being used in place of G50.
G92 is a threading cycle in "A" group of G code and same as G50 in "B" G code group, I have no clue as to why these two were mixed as they were, control had geometry offsets and G92 was being used only to set RPM limit.

Back in early 1990 I ran an old Hitachi lathe with Fanuc 6T control that had no geometry offsets. The way to set tools was fairly simple and reliable, all X and Z values for tool lengths were on G50 line at the start of every sequance and tool was driven back to it's starting location before calling another tool.

N2(CNMG432,FACE OFF)
T0101
G50 X4.654 Z3.457 S2000 M42
G96 S450 M03
G00 X2.1 Z.1 M08
Z.005
G01 X-.062 F.012
G00 Z.1
X4.654 Z3.457 M09
T0100
M01

If tool was not taken back to it's start point then next G50 call would simply assume that current location is the indexing point and next tool would be driven in X and Z distances given on that G50 line , which basicly means crashing the machine.
I don't know if any of this is what you were after but that's how it workes on old machines I dealth with at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: