Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you unlock a Nano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Nothing In Particular
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: How do you unlock a Nano Reply with quote

I have forgotten my code for my Nano's screen lock. Embarassed

Any ideas how to get it to let me use it?
dawn
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I unlock my iPod, iPod nano, or iPod touch if I forgot the "Screen Lock" code?

"Screen Lock" is provided by the iPod nano, iPod (5G), and subsequently released iPod models. Earlier iPods do not offer this feature.

In the Apple Support Site, Apple notes that the "Screen Lock" function:

Allows you to set a 4-digit combination to prevent someone else from using your iPod while it is not attached to a computer. When an iPod is locked, you must enter the combination to unlock the screen. This feature is different from the Hold switch in that the Hold switch only prevents iPod from turning on accidentally--not keeping snoops out.

Screen Lock only locks users out of the user interface. It does not encrypt data on your iPod. For example, if you use Screen Lock and then connect your iPod to a computer, you'll be able to manage music on your iPod with iTunes and access all data on it in disk mode (contacts, notes, and any other files you have stored on the iPod).

This support document also provides additional information on locking and unlocking the iPod. According to Apple, if you have forgotten the code, you can unlock the iPod by doing the following:

Connect your iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.

If you can't unlock iPod using either [the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.

If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:

1. Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.

2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.

3. Open iTunes and synchronize.

Apple also notes that company "representatives cannot unlock an iPod if you forget your combination. If you can't unlock your iPod and you don't have access to the primary computer, your only option is to restore the iPod, which will erase all music and data."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Nothing In Particular All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: