Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 0TC and the 18i controls both require these things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyB
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 0TC and the 18i controls both require these things Reply with quote

The Fanuc 0TC and the 18i controls both require these things:
1) The baudrate and stop-bits settings in the CNC parameters must match your DNC software. You can use 19,200 baud or 9600 baud, or you can use 1 or 2 stop-bits. The actual setting won't matter much, but the CNC must match the DNC software or it won't work

2) The Fanuc requires a Line-Feed character, or LF before the first block of the program. This cancels the LSK, or "Label Skip" function on the control.

3) Each block must end with an LF character. Carriage-return, or CR characters are OK, but the Fanuc just ignores them

4) Your program should end with a percent sign, or "%". This tells the Fanuc that it's reached the end of the program when it's reading data.

5) Your DNC software should be configured to send ASCII Even parity, or ISO 840 tape code. The software should also be set to handshake using "Xon/Xoff" protocol, sometimes called "DC codes"

6) Your cable should be wired like shown below. Several different cable configurations will work, but this one DOES work, and it only requires 4 wires:

CNC side -25 pin male ------------PC side - 9-pin female
pin 2 ------------------------------ pin 2
pin 3 ------------------------------ pin 3
pin 5 ------------------------------ pin 7
pin 7 ------------------------------ pin 5
pin 6 ----
pin 8 ---- <--jumper these 3 pins together
pin 20 ---

7) Your DNC software needs to be able to handshake fast enough. If your software responds to the Fanuc's Xoff signal too slowly, you'll get a "Buffer overflow" alarm on the Fanuc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: