Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 3M DNC operation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 3M DNC operation Reply with quote

Hi,

we recently acquired a kitamura machining center with a Fanuc 3M model C controller. I'm presently trying to configure it to be able to do DNC operation but the only way i could find was the upgrade offered by www.memex.ca.

Can any1 tell me if there's any other way of doing this?

From what i understand, Fanuc 0M and Fanuc 6M can do DNC, what's up with Fanuc 3M?
Bithard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrading your Fanuc 3M is a simple operation. The eight chips in the top left main control board need replacing. They are in sockets so no soldering is required.
I am happy to supply them to you if you contact me. The whole operation is simple and you do not need to contract the services of a CNC expert.
Forget asking Fanuc/GE; they will tell you to buy a new control!
This upgrade will enable you to drip feed too. Your old donkey of a control becomes a slave to the PC so you pretty much have a modern machine. No more memory space problems or 3D limitations. I have used it for programs that last well over four hours with 600 faces! Sure as hell beats buying a new machine or retrofit. For full 3D capabilities you will need a modern machining package though for your PC. I can supply that too if you wish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: