Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G65 local variables help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: G65 local variables help Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I was hoping some of you season vets would be able to help me with variables.

Here's my dilema:

My company bought Gibbscam in hopes to prototype our parts faster rather than hand writting the codes. Gibbscam is outputting one file with a master and sub together. When our customize loader program runs that file, it would alarm out because the T,H,D would not match with the subs. I read there was a way to use G65 to pass the T,H,D into the sub. Can anyone give me an example using this command?
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want subs, you can click off the "Prefer subs" box in either the pocketing or pofiling operation box on Gibbs.

I would suggest that if Gibbs is not posting output that matches your requirements, you ask to get the post changed.

Gibbs is a great CAM package, and fantastic for producing correct code in a very short period of time.

Also:

The variables are passed to the sub by letters that associate with numbers. For instance, A=variable #1, H=variable #11, D=variable #7, etc.

The code might look like this:

call statement...
G65 P1 D12 H3 Z-2.0

Code:
sub O1....
O1
G0G90
X5.0Y3.0
G43Z#26H#11
G41X5.0Y3.0D#7
etc, etc
M99

The variables are loaded with the approriate values at the time of the call and transferred to the sub. Check your manuals for the complete list of variable associations.

Hope that helps Very Happy
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that helped me understand it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: