Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okuma issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Okuma issue Reply with quote

Now that I've figured-out how to manually input a program, I'm having problems with my block structure. My programs are stopping in the 'middle'. It seems to me that it's my use of 'G00' and 'G01'. Do you not command these codes in the same block as 'S', 'M', and others? If at any time you command a feed-rate change, do you have to use 'G01' again? Or just input the 'F' rate accordingly? I'm having some problems, here, and it doesn't make sense to me. With my little bit of CNC experience, I could put all my codes into the same block; it didn't have to be spread across two blocks.

The manual Gives an example program, but the format doesn't work in this machine. Their example, for instance, is this (I think.): ER CR, N001 G00 X12.0000 Z12.0000 S1000 T0101 CR, N002 X(?) Z(?) M03 CR, ...But it would give an error right off the bat, so I split it up like the following and it started working: ER CR, N001 G00 X12.0000 Z12.0000 CR, N002 S1000 T0101 M03 CR, ... However, when I got to my travel speed change, it stopped and I don't know why because it looks like it does in the manual: (I start with tool 3) N007 G00 X12.0000 Z12.0000 M05 CR, N008 S500 T0101 M04 CR, N009 X0.0000 Z2.5000 CR, N010 G01 Z1.5000 F250 CR, (ERROR 2163) I don't know what 2163 is because the manual goes 2160, 2170, etc... (This is a dummy program, it's not tooled-up and cutting anything yet, so that's why the feed rate is so high.) When I take G01 and F250 out and make it a rapid, it works!

What is going on Question
JamieR
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to use G01 for feed changes.I doubt if you can use G00 or G01 with S,and in my experience only one M code is allowed per block.

have you considered that fact that 250ipm may exceed the allowable feed rate for the machine? check the spec sheet (if available) and see what the maximum programmable feed rate is. you might also try putting a period at the end of your feed rate (F250.) Some controls don't care and some do.

Regarding your comment about putting all of the codes in one block,one reason it's not done is for safety.After setting the tools,locating part zero etc.,and with no part in the chuck,use the dry run mode(I assume it has this)with single block mode on.You can then prove your program and machine movements block by block,catching potential crashes before they happen.On the two machines that I run,lathe and mill,the rapid speed and feed speed are the same in dry run so you have to keep that in mind.Wrecked a big spade drill once,had G00 instead of G01 and did'nt catch in dry run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> G-Code Programming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: