Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yasnac MX1 1982 Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNCJimmy7
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Yasnac MX1 1982 Build Reply with quote

I am having trouble sending programs to the nc
I have progressed to the point where the program number and even 10 or so lines will transfer, but the transfer it is not consistant. From machine to pc the programs come over with weird symbols and strange formatting. I keep getting TV Parity Error on the program screen and 077 rs232 error (overrun)on the alarm screen. I have tried numerous cable pin changes right now I am using a radio shack db9 to 25 and a null modem. I disabled fifo buffers on the com 1 port. I checked the parameters and all seems to match. Control only seems to recognise eia format. I used ER in place of the %. This problem has me stumped. Please Help Crying or Very sad
JoeM
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have more than one problem here. The TV alarm is happening because you have TV parity checking enabled on the CNC. TV parity is rarely used any more, and it means that you have to have an even number of characters in each BLOCK of your program. In a typical program, half the blocks have an even number of characters, and the other have have an odd number. With TV parity, you must add a space to all the lines that have an ODD number of characters to make them even. It's easier, however, to just turn off the TV checking on the CNC side. I don't have an MX1 manual, but I know there is a setting parameter that turns TV checking on and off. You need to turn it OFF.

The Overrun alarm is because you're not handshaking with the MX1. Your DNC software must be set to use Xon/Xoff handshaking, and the Yasnac must also be set to use "DC codes" (another way of saying Xon/Xoff). I know that the settings for DC codes is in setting #6026, but refer to your manual just in case my memory is bonkers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: