Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combine multiple programs into one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNCJimmy7
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Combine multiple programs into one Reply with quote

Fanuc 16i MB controller

I am running a main program with 13 sub programs. How can I combine these into 1 program? I waste alot of time download the programs to the machine.
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send ALL the programs in your 16iMB control by entering O-9999 [PUNCH] [EXEC]. Your DNC software should be able to save all these programs in a single file because they are all sent out as one transmission. If your DNC software stops receiving when it reads an "M02" or "M30", you may have to change it to read until it times out or read until it sees a "%" instead. When sending this file back to the Fanuc, enter O-9999 [READ] [EXEC]. That should let the Fanuc read them all at one time. Fanuc 10/11/15 controllers would also let you punch or read a RANGE of programs (say program O0100 to O1500), but the 16i doesn't support this. You can send/receive ONE program, or you can send/receive ALL the programs, that's it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: