Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Location: South Bend, Indiana USA
|Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am Post subject: Outlook putting all e-mails into same folder--Resolved
|If your e-mails from different accounts are going into the same or wrong folders in Outlook then try this:
Just a note here to let you guys know that I have solved my issue. But as God is my witness, I did not knowingly change any settings in Outlook 2007. Here is what I discovered.....quite by accident I might add:
When Outlook is opened, If you go to the tools menu, click account settings in the drop down menu, you get a dialog box with several tabs across the top. During my investigations, I looked at all 7 of those tabs and the settings that were on them for each e-mail account. I also double clicked on each of the four folder names and double checked all the configured settings for each one. Through all of this process, I never seen anything that looked like it was configured wrong.
This is when I contacted you guys.
After I sent a reply back to you guys last night about my provider's response to your inquiry, I went back to the tools menu, clicked on account settings again and then it hit me square in the face...........I noticed at the very left bottom of the dialog box this: "Selected e-mail account delivers new e-mail messages to the following location:" and then it names the folder and follows it with the directory path to the data file. I had seen this before and never paid any attention to anything other than the data file it was pointing to and the name of the folder to make sure they were correct.
What I had missed before on this dialog box however was the button on the lower left side that says "Change Folder". Then I though.....could it be? After checking the My Personal Folders\Inbox and My Other Personal Folders\Inbox settings, I saw that these were showing the proper folders. When checking the other two that I was having problems with, I saw that they were also pointing to My Personal Folders\Inbox. Duhhhh!
I changed the settings to call the respective folders and everything is working properly now. Again...........I swear to Christ I didn't change these settings before but obviously somebody or some thing did!
The only thing I can remember doing recently was that a few weeks ago I was having trouble with Outlook all of a sudden running super slow. After going to some online forums, it was suggested to go to the extend.dat file in the Outlook local settings and delete the file. They said that Outlook would recreate the file and hence get rid of anything corrupted in the old file. O.K.....did that and it worked. Thats all I ever did.
Anyway, all of that to say this. Thanks for you guys checking in to this for me and you don't have to do anything more. Thought that I'd let you know what I found out in case you ever run into an issue like this again.