Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Drive Partition Added To C: After April Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Microsoft Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistux
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: New Drive Partition Added To C: After April Update Reply with quote

The new April Windows Update was a standard upgrade I ran today. After upgrading, there's a new drive letter (HSmile allocated with 449MB of space, with 38.7MB free. As far as I know, there was absolutely no reason necessary to create a new partition as there was plenty of space, unless it uses some pre-existing "recovery" partition (which I've never had from the beginning).

Image of the drives:

https://imgur.com/a/tLCMYSe

Image of the diskmgr:

https://imgur.com/a/zd9T9km
Problems are:

1. I've never had a recovery partition.

2. I don't want this recovery partition.

3. I want to reallocate this space back to my C: drive where it belongs.

Additionally, I am constantly getting "Low disk space on H:" messages every 5 minutes. Is there not a safe way to reallocate this space to CConfused

=============================================

Fixed it:

Recovery Partition always existed and it is a good idea to have one as it helps in fixing OS if things go bad. It is a bug in Windows that it was assigned a drive letter.

cmd

diskpart

DISKPART> list volume (to see what number your drive is)

select volume 5 (your drive number)

remove letter="H"

exit

exit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> Microsoft Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: