Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 6M tool life management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John_B
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 6M tool life management Reply with quote

I have an OKK with Fanuc 6M control. The machine's manual date back to 1984, in which there is no mention of tool life management, that is why I cannot put the counter to zero. Can any body help me please?
franke
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I found. Hope it helps. Straigh out of the 6M-Model B manual.

"Pressing "DGNOS" button twice in any mode displays the first page of the tool life data on the CRT screen.
One page displays data on two groups. Pressing the "PAGE DOWN ARROW" button successively displays data on the following groups.
To change a life counter, select the "MDI" mode then;
Key in P#### and press input button.
The counter of the group at the current cursor position is preset to ####. Other data on this group remains unchanged.
Key in P-9999 and press input button.
All data executed so far, including *, of the current cursor position is cleared, providing the same effect as tool reset for the group."
mistux
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that Tool Life Management was a rare and exotic option in the early 80s. Something that only the biggest CNC users had. On 6's, much like Macro B, it was a factory installed hardware/software option that was VERY expensive. How times have changed, it's a software option now that many times is included as standard by many builders.

If your OKK doesn't have it, you can use the Macro b option (if present) to accomplish much the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: