Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index Manufacturing Information Solutions
Your Place for Support and Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanuc 10M with no tape mode switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mondinard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 10M with no tape mode switch Reply with quote

I have a CNC mill with a Fanuc 10M control with no tape mode switch on it, from some people I hear that there is another way of DNC thourgh a switch in the controller.

Thanks.
janeemljr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Fanuc 10M probably has a Programmable Machine Controller (PMC), which lets the machine tool builder program how most of the machine interface functions work. This PMC software is written by the machine tool builder (not by Fanuc), and is burned into a set of EPROM chips inside the CNC.

The Fanuc 10M can only drip-feed through the serial port if the people who wrote the PMC software added a bit of code that would put the CNC into "TAPE" mode. You need to find out if the machine tool builder did this for you or not. If you're lucky, there may be a "PMC parameter" that lets you put the CNC into TAPE mode. If you're not lucky, you'll need to find a CNC retrofitter who can reprogram the PMC EPROMS to give you a TAPE mode capability. This takes special knowledge of the CNC control and also some special equipment to program the EPROMS. This is definitely NOT a do-it-yourself project. The first thing I would do is contact the machine tool builder and see if they have already developed a software update for this. Good luck!
mroy0404

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Fanuc 10m Reply with quote

Hi Guy

I have the same problem with a fanuc 10m(no tape mode)I have found a CNC retro fitter to change the eprom. I have not sent my chips to him yet. I'am thinking we could send our chips to him at the same time making it easier for him saving us money.By the way how much memory dose your control have, I can help you get the max. mem (80m).
Be sure to Email me back at mroy7@cogeco.ca

Mike Roy in Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manufacturing Information Solutions Forum Index -> CNC Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: